Any Info on This Pocket Watch

Found this by doing a google search.

The "Phenix Watch Co., SA" was founded in Porrentruy in 1873 as "Dubail, Monnin, Frossard & Cie." The company set a mark in Swiss watch history as it was the first watch company that had a registered caliber. On February 3, 1900, the company "Dubail, Monnin, Frossard & Cie" was registered as "Société d'horlogerie de Porrentruy." They won a gold medal at the Paris Exposition in 1900 already under the new name. The "Société Horlogère de Porrentruy" then changed its name to "Phenix Watch Co." in the 1920s. In the 1960s, PHENIX was part of a three clock brands entity: the two other brands were the renowned and famous Thomen and Vulcain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neileg said:

Google tells me it’s likely to be Swan River Manitoba Canada emoji1063.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, i'll look up  E L BARNARD.  VIN

1 hour ago, Neileg said:

Google tells me it’s likely to be Swan River Manitoba Canada emoji1063.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1943,  swan river star (news), E.L. Barnard  appointed  director of A.D.C.  Manitoba Canada.  very good watch,  could be military.  vin

Many sellers of watches/pocket watches and clocks would have their name put on the dials. Your watch was definitely imported.

Thanks. Love to nail down the History. The gentleman I'm doing this for said it was his grandfather's watch, and yes, they are Canadian.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk