Installing a Free Mason Dial

Bought an old Elgin Pocket Watch and exchanged the dial for a Vintage Free Mason Dial. Also cleaned the watch. Still needs a crystal...on order.ffca9a622501db08ad69e74baf7b2295.jpg

Original Watch

25fa8ce82eec072139fa469336f3cea2.jpgTook hands off and removed from case.7ad0ce7a9db34f188e936b510acf5c28.jpgStripped it down for cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The tool at the 5 position is a special wooden mallet used by stone masons to shape stone. It is used with a chisel. Dont know about the thing at 7.

The handle should be straight. I think it is bent to not interfere with the sub dial

Edited by Tmuir
more information

Topic moved, as it has no question.
JD, if you make these a little more detailed with step-to-step pics and descriptions I'll be happy to have them in "walk-throughts".

Ok, thanks. What about my video links ? From youtube that have a 1 hour walk through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, jdrichard said:

Ok, thanks. What about my video links ? From youtube that have a 1 hour walk through?

Post it under "walk throughs -> interesting videos". We had created that section almost for you only :)