Breitling (valjoux 7750) subsidiary hand broken

Hi guys

I am having a go at doing a 7750, and found that when removing the sub dial hands they were very tough to get off. One has basically snapped so as to leave the pipe still attached to the minute counting wheel.

I have tried to get the broken off pipe to come off, by levering it, and also by pulling the minute counting wheel from the other side (because of this issue I cannot remove this wheel), but no joy, it seems to be really jammed.

I feel like the pinion is going to snap if I pull any harder ... I can buy a new one from cousins, no big deal, but I'd rather not of course.

Any advise for sorting this out?

Also, is this a common occurrence in this movement? The watch is about 15 years old. Sometimes it seems to me that breaking sub dial hands is an inevitability.

Another trick to try, if you can get the wheel out ideally, is heating the tube with the tip of a soldering iron. 

This will expand the tube and also destroy cyanoacrylate (super glue) in Case any enterprising watch smith used any to keep a pesky hand in place. 

4 hours ago, Tudor said:

Another trick to try, if you can get the wheel out ideally, is heating the tube with the tip of a soldering iron. 

This will expand the tube and also destroy cyanoacrylate (super glue) in Case any enterprising watch smith used any to keep a pesky hand in place. 

To dissolve cyanoacrilate (assuming it's there) acetone should be used. Moderate heat is effective instead for low strength Loctite as used on crowns.