Where to buy in the UK?

PeterS

Can anyone recommend where to buy tools in the UK? I’ve started the course part 1 and will need to purchase the essential tools.
I'm lookig for decent tools. I've learnt the lesson 'buy cheap buy twice'

I’ve also been looking for the LED lamp on Amazon but can’t find it. I’m only finding small desk LED craft lights.

Peter

I've recently started as a hobbyist. I got a very good LED lamp from amazon, here, it has different colour temperatures to select including a daylight one. Non-flicker and variable brightness as well.

I looked at Cousins, but they are a wholesaler. As a hobbyist and non-trader I therefore buy retail, so I've bought from eBay ('HSWalsh'), and quite a few tools from R & N Horological, and L&R products from A G Thomas. No problems with any of these.

Thank you for the replies, I’m looking at my options, checking prices etc.

I think it may be wise to finish course 1 and start on course 2 before I start buying tools etc. as some equipment such as a timegrapher is not mentioned in course 1.
At this moment I know what basic tools I will need but I don’t know about other tools and equipment I will need along the way and I need to ensure I stay within my budget.

Lets hope you have a large budget, I looked at doing the BHI courses but when you add up all the costs for the courses it becomes unaffordable, its a shame but that's the way it is, anyway as for tools, I use ebay cousins aliexpress auctions , anything really , good luck with the courses though I hope you do well, welcome to the forum where you will find all members helpful and able to help you out if you get stuck