Tapatalk

Just been enjoying the crack on my iPad and got flooded out by all sorts of stuff coming through Tapatalk. Like any self respecting IT guy I never read the instructions until the software does something I don't want then I target the appropriate area.

Unfortunately I appear to be subscribed to everything and Mail is flooding through daily advising me that there are updates to everything I have ever read.

I have no problems with enjoying the forum on my PC but I have tapatalk on my iPad and iPhone and they don't seem to synchronise so even if I mark items as read on iPad I seem to have to repeat everything on the phone.

No doubt I am going to have to spend some time actually reading all the instructions - can't believe that I said that, hope my old workmates don't see it or they will think I have lost my edge.[emoji90]

I didn't notice the ratings Will, my excuse is I only got it cos Mark uses it. I don't think he understands the tremendous responsibility he has as Chronos. We follow him rather than bothering to check these things out properly for ourselves because that would be hard work and using brain power and common sense - the very thought gives me goosies. [emoji6]

Seriously I think I will ditch it and look for something else. The synchronicity issue is a problem but then again I will have to look at the destructions.

I'm not too happy with Android myself Vich (not using any Apple nowadays). Apparently, technology is not being too accommodating while trying to be! Gosh, I don't even know what that means, I can't believe I said that! :) Anyway, many applications -- maybe not tapatalk -- come out without a proper testing/debugging cycle. I've learned to leave with the aggravation of my indispensable, piece of crap, cell!

My investigations appear to indicate that Tapatalk Pro which I paid for has been "retired". Apparently I never registered with Tapatalk so I didn't get a newer version automatically. I got the app from itunes . more research needed

I'm not too happy with Android myself Vich (not using any Apple nowadays). Apparently, technology is not being too accommodating while trying to be! Gosh, I don't even know what that means, I can't believe I said that! :) Anyway, many applications -- maybe not tapatalk -- come out without a proper testing/debugging cycle. I've learned to leave with the aggravation of my indispensable, piece of crap, cell!

And far too many apps want way too many permissions to snoop on you.

We'll now I have got the latest tapatalk and have deleted the tapatalk pro version. I have signed up to the tapatalk forum and posted a query. Apparently if you had the paid for "pro" version you get to be made a "VIP" on the new version and this brings added benefits - woo hoo. I will wait for a response.

I have used Tapatalk for years on quite a few forums and had quite a few problems with it in the past. These days it seems much more stable - I personally like it.

IP Board - the software this forum is made up with is coming out with a new version soon and this will apparently have a much better mobile function but I will most likely still use Tapatalk as it is what I am used too.

also never put it on vibrator when fixing a watch! :thumbsd:

Err...  :startle:

Watch out Bob you could end up with vibrating white finger which could dramatically increase your popularity. 

I will see whether I get made a VIP (always wanted to be one of those) by the TT people and check out the revised software. Have you been through this process Mark or are you still using TT Pro.

Cheers,

Vic

Honestly Bob I am just as ignorant.  I have only used it since August.  I have an iPhone and an iPad and am quite competent in their use but this is actually the first forum I have properly participated in, in the past I was only on Tech Forums and never really enjoyed them like this as it was work related.

I wanted to use something that gave quick access to this forum for mobile devices.  I noticed that Tapatalk was used by some of the people posting and just went for it and downloaded the free version, after using it a while I paid about 4 Bucks to upgrade to the Pro Version which meant no adverts and probably some extra functionality.

Lately though I noticed that everything that was marked as read on one device was not automatically changed on the other device indicating they were not synchronising.  I had to go in manually and do it all again which was a pain in the butt.

Further investigation showed that TT Pro had been "retired" and a new version  takes over and the equivalent of "Pro" is "VIP" for the new version and apparently according to forum info the new VIP style version synchronises between devices.  The transition from Pro to VIP was automatic if you had registered as a Tapatalk user - Nope I had not - it was working ok without registering.

I hate loose ends so I am seeing it through and have registered and put a request through on Tapatalk forum and the first thing I noticed was that I am by no means the only one and on provision of proof of purchase (you would think they would know if it was bought via Itunes) they flip a switch to upgrade to VIP status.  I may or may not get rid but I notice Mark is still using it and feels it is ok so it may be a case of the devil you know etc.

Sorry this was a bit long winded - I think I will have a Makers Mark shot to put me right.    Cheers  Vic