What Oil/Lubricant on Fusee and repair Q

Max

Ok, I did challange myself after beeing successful with many pocket watches and manual and automatic wrist watches, I did get a non working fusee which is beautiful and the chain hook was ripped. I found a replacement which fits and did disassemble the watch and did try to assemble it.

The watch somewhat worked a few seconds but then the balance stops to rotate. To me the spring tensions is ok, and if i remove the balance and let the tension go slowly, this works fine. My assumption is that i used the wrong / to thin oil or the crown wheel has some issue. Currently the balance is really swinging nicely but not "enough" to free up the crown theeth and let it jump to the next one. So here are more or less my questions.

1) What oil/grease is suggested in what part of these 1844 fusee watches? Is there any online recommendation like a lubrication chart which can be adopted for that? Any hint appreciated.

2) How can i tell that the balance staff and its "flaps" are not to deeply into the crown wheel? 

3) How can i tell that i have enough force from the barrels spring? As i feel a reasonable force when winding up the movement i guess this is not the issue.

A pocket watch oil on the train. A good basic watch for the balance. The right force for the spring should be, after winding the chain around the barrel, turn the click so the chain is tight enough so it won’t slip out of line. It’s a bit of a trial and error because it all depends on the strength of the spring. When the watch has run down the chain should not be slack on the barrel.

Question 2 are you referring to a verge escapement? If so I would need to see a good clear photo as some have a way of adjusting depth.    

Well I tried everything. Tried to make the crownwheel closer to the flaps no success as the balance and the flaps just going back and forth until power is gone. Putting the crownwheel further away until it ratches through and go a bit did not really help either. In most situations at the end, it looks like the flaps dont get any power from the crown wheel, which results in then just going back and forth without advanving. If i increase the distance between crownwheel and the flaps and give a large rotational force on the watch the crownwheel will slip. I dont know how much is the "right" distance. 

Here are some pics from the disassembly and some pics and video from the crownwheel and the flaps on the balance staff interweaving. I think it does not look too bad but somehow the balance / crownwheel combination does not really work. When remove the balance, the clock unwinds smoothly. Any hints appreciated, otherwise I give up :-)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SXavoKgTn66MH8BG2