Hi I Am Zenon From Australia

zenon

Hello,

I just joined you guys here and wanted to introduce myself. I now reside in Australia but I fell in love with watches and clocks in Poland.

I never had formal training (as many of us I started as hobby) but I had (and still have) a 'must have' library of books by well known

Franciskans from Niepokalanów (Poland) br. Wawrzyniec M. A. Podwapiński and Bernard M. S. Bartnik. They issued a series of seven books

Starting from history of time keeping, technologies, tools, variety, mechanics, construction, design, service and repair of most of then known

timepieces (up until early electric and quartz). Also have quite a few other valuable books on the subject.

I had about 20 years break in this hobby and I am wanting to start again - Mark's videos on youtube did it although I never forgot the hours of

meditation with timepieces...

I still have 3 vintage Russian watches to restore, several random mechanisms to be worked on and 4 wall clocks (repair, restore cases).

Even though I actually got an iPhone (forced by our children). I wear a simple Tissot Seastar (T.251) and my wife wears Omega Seamaster (1380).

I am very happy to find this page/site/forum.

Regards

Zenon

post-335-0-33972800-1411530926_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum! This is a very friendly place and filled with folks like yourself (and me!), hobbiest! There are also quite a few with exstensive knowledge as well.

I think the best thing about this particular forum is that it is a comfortible place to ask questions. I know from previous experience from other related forums that there always seemed to be someone there to critize or judge you at the drop of a hat.

That type of behavior does not happen here...

So kick back, relax and enjoy the ride!

DJW

Edited by DJW