Cartier Tank Case Screws - Thread Locker?

I’m working on my cousins Cartier and when I got it, half of the case back screws were gone and the others were barely holding on.

Is it common at all to use any type of thread locker like loctite on these screws? Or is this just a really bad idea on these small screws?

465028af3728e6161c46fbbfd86c78e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m working on my cousins Cartier and when I got it, half of the case back screws were gone and the others were barely holding on.

Is it common at all to use any type of thread locker like loctite on these screws? Or is this just a really bad idea on these small screws?

465028af3728e6161c46fbbfd86c78e4.jpg&key=cc71d6fbf46c411ded6037f5aa050628ccc6a87c4243fd67ccbbb91506871d58

There are many grades of loctite for all sorts of applications. I am sure loctite will not harm, so long as the correct one is used. I would have a chat with loctite uk and explain what you are using it for. Most certainly you will need a very low breaking torque thread lock.

I worked in the aerospace industry for quite a few years manufacturing precision instruments. Low torque thread locking was used on all mechanical fastenings.