Benrus Citation

Hello first post here. Recently acquired a Benrus Citation with and ESA 9154. Tried to replace the battery, but its still not working. I am looking for some advice on how to repair this watch or send it to someone for repair? I have a spare movement and coil on the way. The only thing I know so far, is the movement has to come out of the front. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Benrus C.jpg

Neat looking electronic watch. I serviced the earlier ESA 9150 recently. It took some time, but was doable with the technical guide from ESA for the model. I have worked on many pocket watches, and now maybe 25 wrist-watches, so I do have some experience. There are some tricky moves (tension-springs under bridge) you've got to do on these watches, so one must be careful, precise, and have nice tools. I can't remember where that ESA 9150 manual is, but it's out there for free somewhere. Maybe the 9154 is a well?  They do need the occasional service, so providing it hasn't had a battery badly salt and mess things up, you've got a good shot at getting it running. Good luck.

• 5 months later...