Timex camel promotion watch

I have two questions to ask. One is a problem with my watch. It is a 24 hour watch, and the second hand stops at random points, and sticks. I have tried replacing the battery, but it doesn't seem to fix it. And the second is what kind of watch is this? I have tried googling it, but nothing popped up. And it has no serial number. I can take a photo of the inside if it will help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The D8 on the back is their date code for the 8th month of 1996. It was a Camel cigarette promotion where you collected coupons from camel cigarette packs to redeem for various watches, mostly Victorinoxes. As for the problem, it is more than likely one of two things. The second hand scraping the inside of the crystal, or contamination in the little plastic gears. I’ve fixed many a cheap quartz watch with a tiny tiny drop of old fashioned lighter fluid dropped onto the center of the movement. It has brought many a ‘dead’ one back to life. You then have to blow it completely dry with canned air or it will end up condensing on the inside of the crystal. Don’t use most cleaning fluids because they melt plastic and the date wheel if it has one will melt. Otherwise, if it appears to be the hand scraping the crystal, that’s a bigger problem with this watch. I’ve never successfully pulled the stem out of one of those in order to get the movement out. Hope this helps some. Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I use ronsonol because it’s the brand available here. Just place a tiny drop right about dead center on the movement and it will quickly infiltrate the movement. Hold the battery in with your finger and it should be running. After that you will have to dry it out with canned air or a hair dryer. Don’t put the back on it until you are sure it is dry. Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The problem is this, when I npinsert the battery, it will work for a bit. Then it will stick, and sometimes it will move backwards one second, move to its original position, and stick. When I pull the crown out and push it back in, it fixes it for a small bit.