Seiko 5106-9000 Presmatic

I've attached the service notes with lubrication and a separate color lubrication guide.
Seiko-Oil-5106A.PDF
Seiko-5106A.PDF
Many thanks John!
These are great.

I bought the watch a couple years ago and it needs a good service now.
I opened it and had a bit of Oh s**** moment on how advanced it is for the time it was build.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've attached the service notes with lubrication and a separate color lubrication guide.
Seiko-Oil-5106A.PDF
Seiko-5106A.PDF
Many thanks John!
These are great.

I bought the watch a couple years ago and it needs a good service now.
I opened it and had a bit of Oh s**** moment on how advanced it is for the time it was build.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes to normal Seiko this is a little bit more complicated or confusing perhaps. Then it's one of those strange older service guides where you have to look at the drawings and the step-by-step imagery and it is quite a confusing watch for Seiko. But at least the technical guide should help out considerably.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Many thanks for your advice (being borne in mind at present) & offer Dell. When I was given the clock the plastic anchor was loose on the arbour (it had split at the 'hole') &, after repairing this, I have been trying to determine whether the spindle (pin) should be perpendicular when the pallet is sitting on a flat surface; or whether, when installed, its L-R extremes (or alternatively its tick & tock points) should lie at equal angles from the vertical when moved with spring absent. I can get the clock to run but in every such configuration the top block has to be turned anti-clockwise (from above) by quite a bit in order to be 'in beat' & it always runs fast (despite the pendulum being set to as slow as possible). This makes me wonder if there is any particular feature of/fault in a torsion spring clock which determines which turn direction (if any) is necessary to get it 'in beat'; & whether there would be a different set of settings that would get it running nearer to time at somewhere around the mid timing/inertia position which would then allow tweaking of the fast/slow setting.
    • Now this has happened I bet China or India just to name two will start to produce none genuine parts.  I did. But idiot Boris Johnson failed miserably in his negotiations. The E U stitched up the UK like a kipper. Nigel Farage  offered his help but big head Boris declined. So this is why we are in this mess all because Johnson wasn't clever enough.  
    • Hands up all those who voted to leave the EU 😂, oopsie.  UK has just signed the Hague convention, next year that will provide cross border clout to British courts.
    • Ive heard about that oil before for the lever pins. I found it easy to work on , it didn't have a whole lot of pivot wear but i bit sloppy on the lever cock, i think you have to live with what you have or bin it. Stiff to wind and set ?  Not a cannon pinion issue that has no friction thats made up further back and if I remember the barrel drives the hour wheel. No problem on this one .Let me know when you start it as i have another that donated to this one, i can work alongside you with it, two heads are better than one.