AS2063 inca variety

Trying to service an AS2063 automatic movement and have it stripped down to just removing the shockproof details.

Ran into an unexpected problem with the variety of inca springs on this device. Releasing the springs ends works just as with the common lyra shaped ones but these won´t show any sign of being released or spring up from the end stone as I´m used to see.

I suppose there’s something on the hinge side of the spring that locks it in place in spite of the ends being free?

Afraid to brake anything when/if trying some ”force” and would appreciate any feedback or hint on this to me unknown design.

/bsoderling

IMG_0493.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bsoderling said:

Trying to service an AS2063 automatic movement and have it stripped down to just removing the shockproof details.

Ran into an unexpected problem with the variety of inca springs on this device. Releasing the springs ends works just as with the common lyra shaped ones but these won´t show any sign of being released or spring up from the end stone as I´m used to see.

I suppose there’s something on the hinge side of the spring that locks it in place in spite of the ends being free?

Afraid to brake anything when/if trying some ”force” and would appreciate any feedback or hint on this to me unknown design.

/bsoderling

IMG_0493.JPG

Those springs are a real bugger. They work like a normal incabloc spring. Seen those on some ETA movements also. If they are the same. I have a few if you run in to trouble. But think they are a pain to put in. 

Think the name is lubrifix 66.   They should be called  lurifax instead :) 

Edited by rogart63

So no magic button hidden somewhere that will pop them open :-)

Guess I will have to get my most super magnifier glass on and get real to close to see what’s going on....

Thanks for the kind spares offer if things go south, always appreciated.

• Like 1

Quick update...

High power magnifier and a sewing needle soon made me realize that the ”hooks” on these springs are much longer than what I´m used to from the regular inca-springs.

In my previous attemps I had actually never released the spring, just shifted it slightly.

I attached a photo for anyone interested ....

IMG_0495.JPG

• Like 3