Seiko 7T32 6H39 Chrono Alarm

I have one that I'm working on it as well but just cosmetic stuff. It doesn't have a spring that is visible like a bell-matic, as far as I can see. If I remember correctly the alarm is actually a digital beeping...

2 minutes ago, Chopin said:

If I remember correctly the alarm is actually a digital beeping...

Some quartz watches use a piezo piece which needs to contact the caseback via said small spring, that is normally lost when replacing battery.

This movement has what looks like two brass tabs that touch the Piezo on the the case back. Make sure these haven't been flattened or are contaminated with something. Also clean piezo on the case back. 

Check out the following Image I took when I worked on that 7T32:

7T32_6A50_46.jpg?fit=800,600&ssl=1

The small golden (copper) fork in the center area, in the middle of the two coils, is what they are referring to. This is slightly bent upwards, so when the casebakc is fitted, it will make contack with the piezo-electric disc glued to it. You should be able to see the marks on the disc made by the "fork" on the outer diameter of the disc.

But honestly, I believe the issue is not mechanical (bad contact of the buzzer lead terminal - that's its name). I have hade a few 7t32 and 7t34s withe the same issue, and even if the alarm was working properly, I could only hear an extremely faint "bip" when engaged. This is probably due to the piezo-electric disc. Which btw is not so easy to replace.

• Like 1

Try a any case back from a another watch with a piezo. Hold against watch make sure there is contact and see if its any louder/works if not....

If it is the Piezo. I used a heat gun on the case back after cleaning old stuff off. Then put piezo Seiko 4589.801 (available from Cousins) on with tweezers glue side down and added some more heat and left it to cool. Refitted and all working. 

• Like 1

On some quartz alarm watches there is a piezo piece attached to the inside of the case back. I changed one a while ago to fix this issue but to be honest after the fix I thought it pointless as the alarm sound was hardly audible. I think I purchased the piezo piece from eBay.