Valjoux 7733 stem

Hi to all,

I need help with my Tissot Seastar Navigator Valjoux 7733. Watch is precise and keeps time flawlessly but movement has a one problem and that is stem can be pulled out of watch with just a minimum of force when setting time.

I have noticed that when movement is removed from case stem cannot be pulled out if you set time or you if don't push stem remove button on movement. So I can confirm that movement is ok. But when I put movement back into case and screw down (all the way, securely) case clamps, the movement gets "lifted" a bit and stem can be pulled out with just a bit of force (I know how to handle a timepiece and I am not pulling hard or with too much force - trust me).

Am I doing something wrong with case clamps? Can some one give me a hint on what is wrong with my watch? I would appreciate if someone with experience with this particular movement can reply. 

If any additional information is needed please just ask me.

Bye,

Is it a new watch or within the 2 yrs mandatory EU warranty? If so give it to official service center for repair, hopefully you opening it has left no visible sign.

If it is not then your watch repair ship will have to find a way to make so mov.t stem hole is perfectly aligned with case, as it seems isn't.

Thanks for quick reply. No, i dont think that stem is too short. It clicks into place. It is just that when i allign case clamps ti just dont fit or gets out of alighment. Do you have a picture of your movement that shows case clamps? I screw case clamps tight should they be like that ?

16 minutes ago, LovroZG said:

I screw case clamps tight should they be like that ?

Yes case clamps should be thigth. As mentioned if stem holes mov.t and case) aren't aligned that should be corrected. But it might not be immediate or easy to do that.

Have worked on this particular watch. But some valjoux cases has a little edge or lip where the case clamps should sit under. The case clamps should press the movement down . Not lifting it up. Maybe you need to reverse the clamp so the bend is up towards the case back. If it's to low in the case you are maybe missing something in the case. Missing a tension ring on the crystal or wrong crystal. Could be lots of things that is wrong. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

OK, I will check If case claps are aligned as you mentioned.

Tension crystal is ok, I have replaced old crystal with new one and that was done by a professional watchmaker. :-)

So you confirm that stem should not be pulled out without pressing release button on movement?

55 minutes ago, LovroZG said:

Tension crystal is ok, I have replaced old crystal with new one and that was done by a professional watchmaker. :-)

So you confirm that stem should not be pulled out without pressing release button on movement?

Of course the stem should never come out without releasing.

I recommend that you give the watch to the professional watchmaker for repair.

On 3/15/2018 at 2:30 PM, LovroZG said:

But is it an original crystal for this watch? As i remember  they are hard to find.  And have read somewhere in her some seeking info about tissot crystals. Show us a picture of the watch. 

Maybe the movement sits a little high or low and then pressing on the settin lever making the stem release when pulled out. Had the experience on a few watches. 

• 2 weeks later...