Junghans Dato-Chron stops running - every evening...

Hello at all,

my Junghans Dato-Chron stops ticking every night at 10 p.m. First assumption: the date change comes into gears and needs to much energy the battery or gearwork cannot provide.

Question: Is this more likely due to a weak battery (a fresh battery is in the watch, although not the original "mallory wh3" - what is the closest match in modern batteries? I took a LR43 = V12GA = AG12 - 301 = 386 = SR1142 = SR43 battery with 1,5 V which generally should work well. Or is this mostly due to a dirty movement and a service is the only way to keep the watch running (even at night)?

Thanks for suggestions!

4 hours ago, rappeleur said:

Question: Is this more likely due to a weak battery (a fresh battery is in the watch, although not the original "mallory wh3" - what is the closest match in modern batteries? I took a LR43 = V12GA = AG12 - 301 = 386 = SR1142 = SR43 battery with 1,5 V which generally should work well.

Just try a different brand from what is in there now.
You can try to feel the force needed to date change by advancing the time manually. 

yes, there is a tiny little increase of force needed when proceeding beyond 10 pm :)

I will try another brand of battery for this is the most easiest way to exclude one of the two reasons...  The above mentioned type is ok?

Edited by rappeleur

• 1 month later...