Another way to remove Pusher C clips

I had a need to safely remove a C clip holding in two pusher buttons and thought I would share my method on the forum.

I had a spring bar removal tool with a solid pin on one end and a scalloped forked end on the other.  I placed a small bit of rodico on the bottom side of the clip and turned the C <- gap facing up.  As you can see in the picture, I simply used the forked end that was the perfect gap to push off the c clips.   I installed by getting the clip in place, C gap facing down, and used a #200 flat screwdriver blade and carefully pressed down to lock in place.   I used the case wall to keep the c clip and push button slit in line.  Don't attempt to push the c clip back on with the button pressed all the way in, use the wall of the case to help keep the clip straight in line.  Hope this helps someone.

IMG_0089.jpg.20a053545a7b4a66c648d11909b33c29.jpg

IMG_0087.thumb.jpg.a166ec2ad2438ec4c133fee5b0978d39.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• 2 years later...
On 3/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, GeorgeC said:

I had a need to safely remove a C clip holding in two pusher buttons and thought I would share my method on the forum.

I had a spring bar removal tool with a solid pin on one end and a scalloped forked end on the other.  I placed a small bit of rodico on the bottom side of the clip and turned the C <- gap facing up.  As you can see in the picture, I simply used the forked end that was the perfect gap to push off the c clips.   I installed by getting the clip in place, C gap facing down, and used a #200 flat screwdriver blade and carefully pressed down to lock in place.   I used the case wall to keep the c clip and push button slit in line.  Don't attempt to push the c clip back on with the button pressed all the way in, use the wall of the case to help keep the clip straight in line.  Hope this helps someone.

IMG_0089.jpg.20a053545a7b4a66c648d11909b33c29.jpg

IMG_0087.thumb.jpg.a166ec2ad2438ec4c133fee5b0978d39.jpg

I had to thank you for sharing this. Just what I was looking for to help salvage an old Pulsar Digital navitmer 358 chrono on which one pusher is fouled.  

• Like 1