Hamilton Electric 14K Nautilus 200

wetbird

Interested in knowing, if paying out $350 for the repair of this watch would be practical. An estimate valve (to a collector) would help me make a decision about having the restoration preformed. Any estimates of the value would be appreciated.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, wetbird said:

Interested in knowing, if paying out $350 for the repair of this watch would be practical. An estimate valve (to a collector) would help me make a decision about having the restoration preformed. Any estimates of the value would be appreciated.

Thank you.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=77f0dcc5ac0f9d5b

Pictures are required please.

13 hours ago, wetbird said:

Thank you.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=77f0dcc5ac0f9d5b

That imageproxy link doesn't seem to be working.

J

Thank you. 

Clock as is.jpg

While I'm no expert on this type of watch, I do think that this is the best-looking model of the Nautilus watches. It also appears to be the first one, made in 1963. There's a book by Rene Rondeau, "Watch of the Future", that is all about the Hamilton Electrics. It contains images of what might be all of the Nautilus line. That it is a 14K example, and in what looks like excellent condition, I'd say it might be worth it. Is the back gold as well, or is it stainless steel? I don't know that there is a huge demand for these right now, but it might picking up, being that they are examples of the fashionable mid-century styles.

A check of Ebay might be your best bet for figuring a market value for this watch. 

Working on electric watches seems to be a rather in-demand specialty. I happen to be working on my first one now. Fortunately, I have the service manual. Otherwise I'd be more doomed towards failure. I'm almost through reassembling. Fingers crossed. Good luck.

Edited by MrRoundel
Correct Typo

While asking if paying out $350 to get this watch repaired is practical , is something you would have to decide  for yourself .  It is probably the first Nautilus electric , being of the 200 series , and it is 14K solid gold , [a Big Plus ] , and it is in great looking shape . The Solid gold Hamilton Electrics Do hold their value .

Having said that , I have a few Hamilton electrics in my collection and I have made repairs and serviced both the 500 and 505 movements . The later 505 movement is by far easier  to repair and service , and most Nautilus watches had that movement  . The 500 is tricky to repair because of the proper and delicate alignment of the 2 contact fingers .

I would suggest that you get as much Information on the type of movement in your watch and contact members of the Hamilton Forum with questions as dadistic suggests .

Also you may want to contact Ebay seller adamtime with any questions . He always has all things Hamilton Electric for sale .

adamtime (758)
100% positive feedback

In the past I have emailed Hamilton Electric Guru , Rene Rondeau  through his website with questions , and he is a gracious Gentleman that will answer your questions .

Good Luck Wetbird  , and let us know what your outcome is .

• Like 1