Benrus Type II dive watch split stem keeps falling out.

I recently acquired three Benrus Type II dive watches. Two of them run but between the three I only have one complete split stem. I really know nothing about watch repair and am confused by the concept of a split stem. What exactly keeps the stem from falling out? Also, does anyone know anything about these Benrus divers? Would it be worth having them repaired/serviced? I picked these watches up for next to nothing and would be willing to dump some money into them if it makes economic sense. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.IMG_0221.thumb.JPG.be188d07da76a28194a2f50ca0864ef4.JPG

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Topic moved, as there is no repair specific question. 

Split stem pic below, from Google search.

Longines-Admiral-4.jpg

Isn't it kind of a repair question? But not taking that decision . Could be that the stem is worn and you need to get a new split stem. But for that you need to now what movement that watch has. There is also a few differenet types of split stems. Not sure which one your benrus have. That can probably be googled . 

I did and found some. This model has a longer split stem taht is hard to find. If it break it can be hard to find. You can put a shorter stem in that will work but can sometimes jump out. And i read there is some problem with loose movement. If the movement moves when the split is horisontal the crown will also jump out. 

Like the watches . If you don't feel like dump some money into them. Let me now. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, samtous said:

If you still have them, I would like to buy one from you. Here’s my email address: [email protected]

Just FYI, if you hover the pointer the OP name you will see that he logged last time on March 2018, that kind of reduces the chances he will be reading this. On the other hand, for any kind of buy and sell talk, please use Private Messages instead.