Timex Marlin 1963

Hello everyone,

I bought a Marlin 1963 with a number 22 movement that was not running. I cleaned it and oiled the pivots, (used the service manuals I got on a Timex forum, really helpful). It is working amazingly well now, very proud.

Also, I think someone tried to oil the watch, to get it running, and it leaked on to the dial. I tried cleaning the dial, which only did more harm than good.

Furthermore, me opening and closing the watch, two of the nubs holding the dial in place broke off.

I am looking for a replacement dial, but until I find one, does anyone maybe have advise on how to hold the dial in place?

Thanks

On 3/10/2018 at 5:52 PM, WatchMaker said:

Dial feet pads could be your solution. These can be obtained from somewhere like ebay.

yes the dial pads could be used but, which tabs did you break off?  Since you said it is a #22 it would have to be the three brass colored tabs , yes?

Or maybe you could use this donor?  BTW, which Timex forum are you referring to?

DSC07604.JPG

DSC07605.JPG

On 3/14/2018 at 1:13 AM, JerseyMo said:

yes the dial pads could be used but, which tabs did you break off?  Since you said it is a #22 it would have to be the three brass colored tabs , yes?

Or maybe you could use this donor?  BTW, which Timex forum are you referring to?

DSC07604.JPGDSC07605.JPG

http://www.webtheon.com/phpbb3/ but I see the forum is not that active.

That is exactly the same watch I have, it's the nubs on the side that holds the dial to the plate that is attached to the movement.

IMG_20180309_180040.thumb.jpg.ebaff4c4da82f56296ce07c5ac4eff19.jpg