Seiko SVCS003 6R15A loses 4 minutes per DAY

pjhhk

I just acquired this week a Seiko SVCS003 6R15A (with two bracelets) that had been sitting in the seller's drawer unused for some years.  While the watch is beautiful, it is horribly inaccurate.  As I am a newcomer to watch repair, I would like to know if it is possible to regulate this watch to acceptable performance, which I would try to do myself, or if the huge disparity is indicative of some other, much more expensive problem.  Apologies in advance if this is not an appropriate location for posting.  Appreciation for any and all comments.5aa35d7d41116_SeikoSVCS003crop1.thumb.jpg.aad58102ff5a5530139b777afc2dfde4.jpg

2 hours ago, anilv said:

6r15 is fairly new model and it should still run like new. 

New watches need some 'running in' before it stabilises... Something like a month or two should see it stabilised.

That is not a new watch, as that model (precursor to SARB033) was sold  between '05 and '09 approx. As with any Seiko, the initial two digits of the  S/N indicate year and month of production. So as mentioned already one could try regulating, but it's due for service. At the very minimum it should be looked on the timegrapher.

There is a lot that could be wrong from simple fix to ultra advanced.

I am new at all this. But trying to buy and resurrect broken watches has quickly gotten discouraging -- 90% of the time the problem is well beyond my ability and tools. The steep learning curve can be a slow and expensive climb. It is doable but one must manage expectations.

Anyway.... Check the easiest thing first-- is the regulator set in the middle? Maybe it got bumped to the slow extreme. Which could make it run around -480s/d. Other than that I have no idea.

Maybe it is worth having a professional at least diagnose it.