Need help Replacing Incabloc Spring AS2063

I need to replace Incabloc spring on AS2063. There is still an old piece left where the spring hinges. I can not get it out It appears I have to take regulator off. I am not familiar on how to proceed. Before I just wing it and most likely regret it. I figure I should ask for a little guidance. 

As always all help is welcome and appreciated.

pictures enclosed

Thank You

Anthony

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 1.jpg

2 hours ago, adiorio110 said:

I need to replace Incabloc spring on AS2063. There is still an old piece left where the spring hinges. I can not get it out It appears I have to take regulator off. I am not familiar on how to proceed. Before I just wing it and most likely regret it. I figure I should ask for a little guidance. 

As always all help is welcome and appreciated.

pictures enclosed

Thank You

Anthony

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 1.jpg

I have replaced many shock springs without dismantling the balance arm. Where is the old spring part stuck.

I was just shown how to do this tonight.

To do it properly you need a jeweling tool

The regulator and other split ring you need to remove from the top.

You then set up the jeweling tool as if to press the setting out the top and zero it off.

You now set the mircometer to press out the setting only 0.1 to 0.2mm and press the setting to lift it up, but not remove it.

Now with the setting slightly proud you should be able to easily remove the broken spring through the opened up gap and fit the new one, then press the setting back in. As the setting has a lip on the top of it you cant press it back in to far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clockboy said:

Well that is awkward to say the least.you might have to work it out with a fine tweezer or a fine pin.

It looks like if I remove the regulator I can slide it out .. Just don't want to break regulator.  what is the best way to remove it

yes it looks like there are 2 parts There is a split in the ring that goes around setting..I assume I should spread the rings apart.. I know it might seem obvious ..But everytime I just dive it it seems I am wrong LOL.

6 minutes ago, clockboy said:

Some have two parts that separate. However the cap jewel is in its own housing which should push out with jeweling tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be carful as if you distort the clip/ arm it won,t re-fit. Sorry but my Mac has run out of battery so I can not see your Pics at present. Does it look like the whole unit pushes out with the arm still attached

1 minute ago, clockboy said:

I would be carful as if you distort the clip/ arm it won,t re-fit. Sorry but my Mac has run out of battery so I can not see your Pics at present. Does it look like the whole unit pushes out with the arm still attached

If I push it out from the bottom it looks like the bloc and the regulators will come out together

I can not post any pics yet BUT the whole block can be moved up using a staking tool etc if you go on Cousins there is a Incabloc set for this job. Whatever method you use it is important to know how much you move it because it needs to go back exactly otherwise the balance will bind or be to loose

2 minutes ago, clockboy said:

I can not post any pics yet BUT the whole block can be moved up using a staking tool etc if you go on Cousins there is a Incabloc set for this job. Whatever method you use it is important to know how much you move it because it needs to go back exactly otherwise the balance will bind or be to loose

Yes I see it ..Don't feel like spending another 100 bucks ..I have heard people do it with a staking set...When you get a chance can you please post pictures on the procedure. I really appreciate your help. I haven't been practicing for awhile I was to busy with other projects..Its all fun rebuilding these movements until something goes wrong , then it can get pretty frustrating. Good thing is that when you screw up you learn what NOT to do next time.   

50 minutes ago, clockboy said:

I will have another look tomorrow (family commitments). In the mean time could you take a clearer pic of the assembly as it looks like the regulator arm might need removing which will be a pain. 

If it is a pain , I wold expect I have to remove it ...par for the course. lol.. My photography sucks. What I need to do is setup a system where I can record my repair sessions. Any suggestions on something I can record with while viewing on my screen. I think mark said he was using a Panasonic G7 ...would you know what lens he is using. Maybe you have a cheaper alternative with quality as good. . 

Untitled 6.jpg

OK I took the plunge...My Figuring is I should know how to do this anyway, so why not take it completely apart and rebuild it ...Just another lesson learned ...So this is where I stand now...

Untitled 7.jpg

Edited by adiorio110

PS ...It should be easy enough to reset is was flush with the bottom

Well done Tony. Install the new incabloc lyre spring and end stone first, so that you have a clean and correctly lubricated sub-assembly. Gently press the block back into the balance cock with the regulator components up the right way and in the correct order. Double check and check one again. You can’t press any further than ‘home’ but don’t over do it. When you get onto Russian movements, the shock spring is similar but the hinge is installed from inside, so sympathetically designed for replacement if it becomes brittle and breaks. Regards Deggsie

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deggsie said:

Well done Tony. Install the new incabloc lyre spring and end stone first, so that you have a clean and correctly lubricated sub-assembly. Gently press the block back into the balance cock with the regulator components up the right way and in the correct order. Double check and check one again. You can’t press any further than ‘home’ but don’t over do it. When you get onto Russian movements, the shock spring is similar but the hinge is installed from inside, so sympathetically designed for replacement if it becomes brittle and breaks. Regards Deggsie

Thanks for the heads up Deggsie

25 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

At the link below picture of the special tools used for removing the setting and putting it back. Also the cross references found here.

http://www.incabloc.ch/en/pieces_rechanges.php

Thanks for the link...As far as buying any more tools I think I'll hold off until I learn how to use the ones I have to their fullest capacity ..I have a K&D Staking Set and a Jacot pivoter just to name a couple. I barely understand how to use them.

Well...For a moment I had it ....But when I pressed it back in I was a little overzealous and I F'ed up the incabloc ..
5aa073ef67459_Untitled10.jpg.494b73c66f8e1e5e6bc89a6aec031ed7.jpg

Shoot. In what way is it f’ed up? Tbh, you would need to be giving it some beans to break it