Angelus 240

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I have been able to post.  I currently have an Angelus 240 movement on my bench.  I have managed to fix a few of the  issues with it but it still suffers from a keyless works issue.  I believe that the pilot hole where the stem enters the mainplate has become worn, as is the hole for the hub of the stem.  The pilot hole itself doesn't look enlarged.  Just worn from the end of the square turning against the plate.  The hole for the hub has worn so much that the set lever doesn't hold the stem when it is pulled to set the time.  I was wondering what the best route would be to fix the movement.  I have attached a couple of pictures and will try to upload a video showing the play in the mainplate.  Thanks in advance for any advice and help!!!

39768058315_4a635193a9_b.jpg

cKp+bp3aTi6BJs0GPe+nFQ_thumb_1cf3c.jpg

4DTn+45VSWWXoKV2LBeFLA_thumb_1cf3b.jpg

v+dl6u1eRSSnGlO2hMUiLg_thumb_1cf38.jpg

Edited by omgiv

Thanks guys for the help.  I am not overly familiar with this movement and finding genuine parts is rather difficult.  I did a comparison shot of the stem I have to the one oldhippy posted and it does indeed look different.  I will try to see if I can find a reliable genuine stem before doing anything drastic.  Thanks for the advice! 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1cf41.jpg

Thought I would just give you guys and update and thank you for the help.  I was able to find a new stem and the new stem does indeed work.  The only problem was the threads were larger than the crown I had.  My gauge stops at 1.20mm so I am guessing the stem was 1.40mm.  The crown I have accepted 1.20mm stems.  I cut down the stem on my lathe and rethreaded it.  Thank you again for all of the help!!!!

1.jpg