Removal of 5M42

Having accumulated a bit of experience of repairing basic watches and a few automatics, I thought I'd try my hand at restoring my 5M42-0880 which I bought new in 1995.  It has never been serviced and needs a new power cell and a good strip and clean.  I discovered how to extract the stem but cannot see how to remove the movement from the case.  It does not respond to gravity or to gentle shaking and I can't see any obvious screws holding it in.  Can someone enlighten me please?  Cheers, Kevin

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

Thanks jdm, I'll try that tomorrow.  It does run but this battery  lasted  just 9 months and the previous one only 2 years, so I'm guessing the movement is in need of cleaning.  Is this a particularly tricky movement to deal with?

this is kinetic with a missing rotor. the cells aren't meant to just be replaced and disposed of regularly. there meant to be continuously charged through motion. that's your problem.

Edited by Ishima

Thanks Ishima, but perhaps I've led you astray.  The rotor was present and correct but I had removed it during the attempt to extract the movement from the case, which is why it's not shown in the photo.