Learning with the 7S26

Stephan

I have not done a 7S26 for some time now. I see only a few mechanical watches now and then mainly up market ones that the owners will not pay the manufacturers rate to get fixed. Got 2 more elderly Omega`s to sort too. I do see more Quartz watches and they have taken over it seems to me. I had one last week, quite a nice little Rotary . The battery had been butchered out by a boot and shoe repair Co. who pretend to fix watches. I had to manufacture a new battery retaining bracket and re-tap and fit a larger screw. Then clean it. All OK now. Has anyone else had this experience ?  I know we like mechanical watches but if one gets a decent quartz with asservisement movement the timekeeping is phenomenal. I hope I am still welcome after mentioning the Quartz revolution.

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Hi There, 

I live in the UK and I'm learning how to service the Seiko 7s26 thanks to your Youtube Channel. I'm looking for parts so I thought I would join the talk to learn from others. 

Hi There,

I also just joined today and will be servicing a Seiko 7s26, good luck...

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Honestsheet said:

I'm waiting on a minute wheel and pinion from ebay. Seller is myretrostyle. Only 98.6 rating so hopefully its a fit

Nothing wrong with asking here before buying parts. Often people would give for free, in fact I have too many of these.