Hello from Virginia

Fleabag

Hello Everyone. I am am here as a result of stumbling onto that gateway into watch repair wonderland that is "Watch Repair Channel" on Youtube. I have always liked watches, but it wasn't until I found an old Seiko DX day/date 6106 of my dad's after he passed away that I started a journey to really love them. At the time, there were a lot of changes going on in my life and given all of the newness and uncertainty, I decided to try something I might not have otherwise undertaken. I took out my pocket knife and not very artfully opened the back of the watch case to figure "it" out. What did I have to loose I thought, it was already not functioning. I did not realize it at the time, but all it needed was likely a cleaning. Anyway, it was the beginning of the end for a good number of Seikos, as I sought to teach myself, what I was doing, eventually the Seiko 6106 was back in tip top shape, with the help of a donor balance wheel. And here I am. My last ham-handed adventure in watch repair was servicing a Roamer/Seth Thomas Pasadena 7734 Valjoux Chronograph that I absolutely love....and without any donor parts necessary...that is not to say it was uneventful! Anyway, hello everyone.