1 hour ago, Jeremy1025 said:

if i use molykote dx paste to lubricate the whole mainspring inside. is that any problem ? please advise

You never lubricate the whole mainspring. Depending on the type and material uses on MS and barrel all it's needed is very little specific product on the top and bottom of the barrel, and even that is subject to debate, . If it's an automatic some "braking" type product is applied to the wall of the barrel.

BTW, it's appreciated that new members introduce themselves in the dedicated section of the forum.

Edited by jdm

On 6/23/2016 at 1:30 PM, sstakoff said:

In the ETA 7750 guide, they refer to HP-1300 as well as HP-1300 SC. I have never heard of "SC" and cannot find anything describing what exactly that is. Does anyone know??Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 7.26.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-23 at 7.27.08 AM.png

Found the same in ETA's tech sheet for cal. 2824-2. After some research, I found out that the only difference between the "HP-1300" and the "HP-1300 SC" (as far as I can tell) is that "HP-1300 SC" is colourless whereas the "HP-1300" is coloured red. I have no idea what the effect on the movement would be though if any!? I'm inclined to use "HP-1300" in all parts servicing my first ETA cal. 2824-2. Good or bad idea?

9 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Found the same in ETA's tech sheet for cal. 2824-2. After some research, I found out that the only difference between the "HP-1300" and the "HP-1300 SC" (as far as I can tell) is that "HP-1300 SC" is colourless whereas the "HP-1300" is coloured red. I have no idea what the effect on the movement would be though if any!?

If one takes the time to read the entire Moebius catalogue there are many more subtle variations, that are not actually available to retail. As an hobbyist I think one should concentrate on more important issues, like applying correctly, etc.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2014 at 12:39 PM, Dwdrummer97 said:

About a year ago when I was just starting to get a bit serious about starting this hobby I bought one of those cheap watch repair kits. I have since replaced all the crap in there with quality versions of what they were supposed to be. My question relating to this topic is this little tube of oil in the kit. Is this just more junk from the kit or does it have any purpose or can it be used in place of any of Marks suggestions? Seems VERY light and my feeling is that the trash can is its new place.

post-56-0-73628100-1392842307_thumb.jpg

i recognize that "oiler pen".  it is an off the shelve universal oil. not for watches.  better than  wd - 40.  vin

If one takes the time to read the entire Moebius catalogue there are many more subtle variations, that are not actually available to retail. As an hobbyist I think one should concentrate on more important issues, like applying correctly, etc.

If you over oil, not good: use rodico to remove and start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro