Building my own wristwatch. Help needed

Hello, i would like to build my own wristwatch. I would like it to be no bigger than 40 mm as i jave a small wrist.

I would like to use the following components

17 jewells mechanical hand winding 6497 movememt in a case of 40 mm

I would like a sugestion on the dial, i want ot to be millitary style or vintage.

I also would like a sugestion on what indicators that would mach.

I am having trouble on my own in picking the parts as i dont know what matches with what.

First of all, have you watched Mark's videos?

You're asking for input, but I think the watch you build should match your taste, not other's.

To find parts for a 6497 watch watch, just enter 6497 in Ebay, AliX, or any other online shop or portal.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure that mechanism parts are made of watch materials. Swiss makers like Patek Philippe use specific alloys for their watches  with ideal cleanliness and structure. Metals should have properties similar to these http://www.kleinmetals.ch/shop/Datenblatt/E/chronifer-m-15x-aisi-431-steel-datasheet-455-1.pdf  Also good alloys are 1095, 316 L, and 420.

• Confused 1

Wondering how it went? Hope you had a go. If you have a nice mechanical watch with a display back, you can always wear it upside down! :D Seriously, I don't think you will go wrong. Once you have it running you can change the dial too anyway like people change straps on a Swatch.