Rolex 3055 Hour Wheel Seating

GeorgeC

Thank you but this is for the rolex 3055 that has separate day and date indicator discs.  I believe that the round flat washer I am speaking of goes on top of the day of week disc then the dial on top of that.

I have put the watch back together but when the day/date changes at midnight, I don't get the full kick over to the new day/date like the watch should.  Just second guessing myself on the hour wheel seat and whether I forgot exactly where it should be placed.   If there are other suggestions on where I can look on the date change issue, please comment.

Thanks

Thanks for the link to the tech manual.  I really couldn't read where the hour wheel seating was to be placed from the all of the text instructions.

There are 4 variations of thickness, thus 4 different part numbers listed 5123-1 5123-2 and -3 -4.  As shown in the picture, flat and thin.

s-l300.jpg.82278e4dccd70409ac622fe86957b173.jpg

10 minutes ago, khunter said:

In the disassembly section the wheel comes off then the seating. On page 16 the seating goes on, then the wheel after lubrication. In your first post you said hour wheel, not date, which is why I thought you were talking about the dial washer.

Ok disregard all of this......i read and re read and finally figured out what seatings they are talking about. You are correct, they don't say where the HOUR wheel seating goes, but from what I can tell it must go between the wheel and dial, to have the correct endshake which they do specify as .03mm. Im not sure if that is causing your date jump issue though as they describe increasing and decreasing tension on the jumper spring to correct it.