Pratina

PhilB

My second project arrived today, I managed to grab this for £8 delivered from ebay.

I don't know anything about the make but the colours caught my eye (and the price).

It ticks a few seconds then stops. Looking forward to stripping and seeing if I can find the cause.

post-302-0-34934000-1411050305_thumb.jpg

I would say that at this stage it is better to get some more movements and practice strip-downs and re-assembly. Putting this one aside and then enjoying the challenge of fitting the new jewel at another time when you have more kit.

But if you do wish to have a go then it's not a particularly difficult job, but to do it properly you will need a jewelling kit which are not cheap - from £150 upwards for a reasonably good used set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say that at this stage it is better to get some more movements and practice strip-downs and re-assembly. Putting this one aside and then enjoying the challenge of fitting the new jewel at another time when you have more kit.

I thought as much, it was only £8 so it's not worth too much trouble and expense. 'Tis a shame tho.

Thanks