F391 Technos Unknown Collar

AdamC

I’ve just completed (well I thought I had) my first wristwatch strip down, service and reassembly. A little more challenging after solely doing pocket watches to date. Anyway, getting towards the end of reassembly I noticed a collar in my dust tray and for the life of me, I can’t see where it’s supposed to go. I’ve circled it in red in the photo. Presumably part of the keyless works? Can anybody shed any light please? The movement is from a vintage Technos manual wind watch, probably from the mid 50s, which is identified as F391 (Felsa).

Thanks

e3866be0a8dba02af81516fb47311e2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, AdamC said:

I’ve just completed (well I thought I had) my first wristwatch strip down, service and reassembly. A little more challenging after solely doing pocket watches to date. Anyway, getting towards the end of reassembly I noticed a collar in my dust tray and for the life of me, I can’t see where it’s supposed to go. I’ve circled it in red in the photo. Presumably part of the keyless works? Can anybody shed any light please? The movement is from a vintage Technos manual wind watch, probably from the mid 50s, which is identified as F391 (Felsa).

Thanks

e3866be0a8dba02af81516fb47311e2e.jpg

Sometimes there are little metal washers like these underneath the crown wheel...is the watch winding and setting ok?

J

• Like 4

Thanks, for pointing me in the right direction. It wouldn’t fit underneath the crown wheel but as a washer underneath the yoke screw. Well it all works okay and sets and winds good so I think that’s sorted it.
Cheers,
Adam

4 hours ago, AdamC said:

Thanks, for pointing me in the right direction. It wouldn’t fit underneath the crown wheel but as a washer underneath the yoke screw. Well it all works okay and sets and winds good so I think that’s sorted it.
Cheers,
Adam

Nothing is as unsettling as completing an overhaul and discovering some little part reappearing out of (seemingly) nowhere. Now you've not only fully completed your first overhaul, but successfully figured out a problem....Outstanding!

J  

• Like 1