Incabloc Spring

OK this is the link you require:

http://www.incabloc.ch/en/systeme_incabloc.php

The INCABLOC is the spring where I think you have to move the jewel housing up so you can attach the new spring. See the link below: However I think I fitted one without using this technic but it was an absolute  B**ger to fit and I lost a few springs before success.

http://watchguy.co.uk/how-to-fit-a-new-balance-jewel-shock-spring/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clockboy said:

OK this is the link you require:

http://www.incabloc.ch/en/systeme_incabloc.php

The INCABLOC is the spring where I think you have to move the jewel housing up so you can attach the new spring. See the link below: However I think I fitted one without using this technic but it was an absolute  B**ger to fit and I lost a few springs before success.

http://watchguy.co.uk/how-to-fit-a-new-balance-jewel-shock-spring/

Thank you ...I have an AS2063 movement ...Seems like I need either 170.03 or 173.03 Upper or lower. I assume its upper being its on top...I read that sometimes 173.03 could be used for upper and lower in some instances...I am a little confused :startle:

2 hours ago, adiorio110 said:

Thank you ...I have an AS2063 movement ...Seems like I need either 170.03 or 173.03 Upper or lower. I assume its upper being its on top...I read that sometimes 173.03 could be used for upper and lower in some instances...I am a little confused :startle:

Think you need a 170.03 as that is for the upper incabloc. You maybe need to remove the adjutment arm for the balance to get the incabloc spring in. 

• Like 1

I was able to get the spring back in place without removing the regulator, but it wasn't easy. It probably would have been easier removing the regulator first for access. However, my old one flew out while the regulator arm was in place, so I figured there would be a way back in. YMMV. Mine was on an AS1240 movement, FWIW. I checked my Cousin's invoice and it showed their "Code" being "INCA17003". Good luck.

1 hour ago, MrRoundel said:

I was able to get the spring back in place without removing the regulator, but it wasn't easy. It probably would have been easier removing the regulator first for access. However, my old one flew out while the regulator arm was in place, so I figured there would be a way back in. YMMV. Mine was on an AS1240 movement, FWIW. I checked my Cousin's invoice and it showed their "Code" being "INCA17003". Good luck.

The piece that is still connected is hard to get off I am pretty sure I will have o remove regulator.. Its par for the course...At least I know what part to order ..I will order a few just in case...

Tnx

Tony

8 hours ago, MrRoundel said:

So worst case I have to remove regulator ...I was reading somewhere that I would have to press out bloc. I hope that is not the case ...but I guess it will be what it is in the end. 

If it don't kill you it makes you stronger. Or crazier

Tony

Edited by adiorio110

I know what you mean about pressing out the bloc.. After re-reading a post here, I saw that the person giving the instruction said to only push it out slightly, not all the way out. I'm guessing it could be done safely, and relatively easily, with a Seitz tool by setting the depth of movement. I'm just guessing though.

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Hotiron said:

This is a nightmare. It's much less grief to purchase a complete incabloc and refit it.

Just FYI, you're replying to a two years old topic.

Also, we have a dedicated section where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves.

I have no idea how to do that as I'm devoid of social and forum navigation skills.

Having successfully replaced many springs on the  DG2813 (you just need to look at them and they ping out)!

ETA and AS movements are a dream to work on,  but when that spring breaks!

This 2836 just got a new Incabloc.

Does it matter how old the thread is?

I apologize for upsetting the apple cart.

IMAG5131.jpg