Mark's Videos...

• 1 month later...

I use one of those lab ring lights - you know, the ones with a big magnifier in the middle!

I removed the magnifying glass and this allows me to point my camera through it (suspended on a tripod).

I use a 60mm canon macro lens for the close up stuff.

And a regular telephoto lens for regular shots. 

The camera is a Canon 600d

For the voiceover I was using a BlueYeti but I just invested in a Rode NTG-2 as the yeti is picking up too much noise, I am hoping the NTG-2 will allow me to do less noise removal in the future.

It's pretty ace stuff Mark!! - I can get pretty decent Macro shots from my old Olympus DSR. Lighting is always the main issue :(

Lighting with macro photography is always a concern. The ring light is very handy.

If a man holding a gun asks me to do a "watch repair for beginners" course then I will listen :D

Just kidding - welcome to the forum Puranjay.

​I have been working very hard on something very exciting and I am tapping into my wife's skills as a qualified teacher - but I am not saying anything more than that yet.

I​I have been working very hard on something very exciting and I am tapping into my wife's skills as a qualified teacher - but I am not saying anything more than that yet.

Now you've got my attention!

• Like 1

Just kidding - welcome to the forum Puranjay.

​I have been working very hard on something very exciting and I am tapping into my wife's skills as a qualified teacher - but I am not saying anything more than that yet.

And surprises can be worth the wait...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry Mark, you know, as they say: slow and constant achieves a more harmonious result! We'll be patient!! Hopefully...

(....removes gun from temple and saves for future watch video motivated waiting stress/anxiety fit....) :D

• 2 months later...