Fossil battery replacement

40 minutes ago, jeremywp88 said:

Hi, so after changing the battery in my Fossil watch, it doesn't work. Is there something special I have to do to get it working again. Thanks all.

A pic might help. There are some Fossil watches that require two batteries one to operate the movement and one that just operates a balance. The balance is just for show and has nothing to do with the running of the movement. 

6 hours ago, clockboy said:

A pic might help. There are some Fossil watches that require two batteries one to operate the movement and one that just operates a balance. The balance is just for show and has nothing to do with the running of the movement. 

Does this help

KIMG0202.JPG

I'll be honest , no not really, I know my eyes aren't fantastic but you could make that a little clearer, having said that, there's a fair bit of muck around the seal area and back of watch as to be expected, so some might of found its way into the movement whilst you were changing the battery.

I don't suppose you have a line checker there to test the the train? If not it me be more economical for you to swap the movement out for a new one, I suspect it's a miyota and would probably cost only a few quid for a new one.

Two things to bear in mind here are that you have to be careful that you don't short the battery to/through itself, and don't slip off the battery clamp screws and hit the coil windings. It doesn't take a lot to break those wires. If the watch was running just before changing the battery, and you haven't shorted the battery or somehow broken a coil wire, it's anyone's guess. I don't recognize the movement, but I haven't been messing with quartz watches very long. Good luck.