Seiko 5 not being charged

Riaz

Good day all, this is my first post so please excuse my limited knowledge of watches and repairing them.

I have a Seiko 5 model number snk805 that I recently bought overseas that has stopped working. It seems like the watch is not being charged even though the self winding weight is spinning as normal. The watch is still on warranty but since i bought it overseas it would be difficult to have shipped back. Basically what I would like to know is if it is worth attempting to fix it myself or would it better to take it to someone trained. I do have some experience with working with watches but i have never attempted to fix an automatic mechanism. 

Thanks for all the help.

I believe the watch has a transparent back.

Look at the back.. you will see a screw with 3 lines. Next to that you will see another screw, note this screw slot position. Shake it to and fro several times... (20-30 is ok). Has the screw position changed? If it has not moved then your automatic winding is not working. If it has moved then the timekeeping part of the watch is not working.

The automatic winding problem is commonly the big screw in the middle coming loose. Easy fix if you have a case-back opener and a nice jewellers screwdriver.  Problem with the timekeeping part needs a bit of dedication and patience... not impossible though.

Anil