Seiko Date issue

arkobugg

Hello Mates, 

Working on a Seiko 4S36, and when mounting, cant quick set the date. Can set the day, but not date

And when adjusting hands for time,  the day move a dip when passing 6 o, clock.  And then change as normal at 12 o, clock

Have check the caledar work for bod wheel, have changes some of them plastic. But all seems fine, but hard to see under day wheel.

Somebody have som good ideas??

Some update here, when I look closer when I set the the time with the stem all out, for setting the time. I can see that the day and date changes every 12 hours, and the day do a dip when the hans passing 5 and 6 o,clock....strange....

Have a look here 

Make sure your reassembly looks the same and you fully understand the working of both the advancing day/date black wheel, as well the two white small corrector wheels. Look for distorted of otherwise defective parts.

Not the same movment, but similar. I have taken som pictures. And I have some question.

If I set the stem on-click out. Can we then agree on following?

If I wind the stem clockwise the  wheel no 1 drive the wheel no 2 and drive the wheel 3 into the wheel 4 that goes  into the day wheel. An change it. ?

If I wind anti clocwise the wheel no 1 should drive the wheel 2 and drive the wheel 3 that will push out towards the date ring, and change it..?

bilde 1.jpg

bilde 2.jpg

56 minutes ago, jdm said:

You have a 4R (not S) mov.t, which is identical to NH36 except for the "brand", Seiko instead of SII.

You understanding of the calendar quick-setting is correct.

Yes you have right, I have mixing them up....   Okay, than I understand the function, that is good.

But when I take the stem on-click out, and take it clockwise, I can quick set the day, but when I take it anti clock wise. It will not engage the date wheel....and the wheel no 2 is not moving. Can wheel no 2 be so wearn out or bent out in the horizontal level, that is not engaging in wheel?  Or ??

Have check the spring tip....that seems okay, the wheel 3 is moving fine in those two posisions.

But I have also noticed that in one click out. I can see  that wheel no 1 is is moving fine an change the day in clockwise,  but in anti-clockwise, it is just moving a quart round and stop turning... 

That I have checked, with a tootstick, its moves freely....Can it be that the wheel no 2 that is mounted om the date disk guard dont reache the  intermediate wheel anti clockwise, have you been dealing with that before?

That could happen only if the rivet/whatever is defective so the wheel affixed on the plate doesn't stay centered and looses mesh with the date corrector. Again, you only can find the defect, normally there is no problem in that area,

FOUND IT!!!!

It was the day-date corrector setting transmission wheel that did not engage in the notch on the stem. Due to bent pin clip inside the day-date corrector setting transmission wheel. I had to bent it in the right position.

Then everything work perfect!!

Thanks for all help JDM!!

Is lovely, now I can go to sleep......

date changes not.jpg

slitasje.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1