My LeCoultre has a similar problem as previously described but this watch Known as the Master Quartz runs perfectly face down but stops after a few minutes face up.  Also when you pull/push the crown, this will start the watch but again only runs up to 5 minutes then stops.  What is the best course of action to repair this watch?  I am very weary to work on this watch because it is an expensive watch.   vrfr 

20180216_151544.jpg

Nice looking watch. Think there are plenty of parts for this movement. I have worked on favre leuba that has the same movement . Girrard perregaux has it to . Think they where the first quartz watches? 

Have a slight feeling i have read something about the stepper motor can be broken? There is a place you can look and that is crazywatches.pl. 

Sorry, I have been away, I thought the same about a loose or intermittent battery connection.  I've made sure the contacts are solid.  I did clear/clean a small amount of battery corrosion.  I have the correct size fresh battery in it.  The watch is keeping perfect time as long as it is face down.  I will try and check out the stepping motor.  The watch might have to be disassembled to find the problem.  I thought about using a demagnetizer to exercise the wheel/motor train.  I do not know if that is a good idea.  I certainly do not want to amplify the problem.  Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Mark Lovick had a video recently where he was servicing a quartz movement that ended up having a broken pivot on one of the wheels, so that's not beyond the realm of possibilities. Positional problems usually indicate a bind or misalignment in the train or motion work. It's probably going to require disassembly to properly diagnose.