Eco drive issue

Greetings all, 

i have a ladies eco drive which was non functional. Tried to charge the battery to no avail. Watch is probably from around 2010. Purchased a new factory power cell and installed it. After a few hours under light, I checked the cell to see if it was charging and it was. Put the watch on the “analyzer” that is part of the battery tester and it indicated power moving through the movement. Hands move 2-4 minutes and then stop. If I uninstall battery and reinstall they move 2-4 minutes then stop. 

So, any idea as to what else the problem may be. A visual inspection of the movement shows no signs of oxidation or water intrusion. Crown is functional to set time without issue. Crystal is clear and unobstructed. 

Thanks

8C950BCF-9C0E-450A-9D74-F9ABB84B2997.jpeg

You said ‘a few hours under light’. Was it direct sunlight? They really won’t work right until receiving sunlight. What is the battery voltage? It should have arrived charged up enough to run the watch unless they sold you and old or even a used one. The voltage should be around 3 volts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,  it was indeed charged under sunlight. Each time the crown is pulled and time adjusted the watch will run for a few minutes and then stop. I know the cell is charged and voltage is moving through. 

Any other ideas? It’s the running for a few minutes that stumps me. 

Thanks