Postal code USA wrong .

I sold a watch yesterday to a nice guy from New York.  But didn't look close on the postal code until he said it was the wrong number. No it's to late. Already on the way. 

Will the postage come back or is there something i can do? I had written 12250 but he is in Newburgh 12550 . Everything else is there except the wrong postal code. I treid to contact USPS . But could do  anything  as i from Sweden 

Maybe someone can help me out that from USA.  At least alert them that it's wrong. 

It 4 hours journey for this guy if he should collect it in 12250 Albany 

Is there anything more i can do? Sure it comes back to me and i can send it again . But that could take 3-4 weeks. 

Edited by rogart63

If everything else is correct, but the zip is wrong, good ol' USPS will correct it, but it will delay the shipment. I've been the recipient of packages with wrong zip code and it was delayed by two weeks even when tracking showed it arrived at NY distribution center. In my experience, very little can be done at this point except to wait.

J

• Like 1

That sound good to hear . I will follow the shipment on USPS . Hopping it will be delivered to the owner. I was writing in his email when i did the waybill . Hope USPS can see that and send him an email. No problems if it's a little delayed.  Just hope it won't be sent back to me. or get lost somewhere along the way. 

If I'm going to go to the post office, I'll let you know. Then perhaps you can provide me with the tracking number and I can provide it to the USPS. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too much of a delay. The zip-code was put in the address in order to speed things up. The fact that the zip-code you put on will take it to the same vicinity, probably won't cause too much delay. If I see my postman, I'll pick his brain on it. Good luck, rogart63.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrRoundel said:

If I'm going to go to the post office, I'll let you know. Then perhaps you can provide me with the tracking number and I can provide it to the USPS. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too much of a delay. The zip-code was put in the address in order to speed things up. The fact that the zip-code you put on will take it to the same vicinity, probably won't cause too much delay. If I see my postman, I'll pick his brain on it. Good luck, rogart63.

Thanks @MrRoundel. Will let you know if there is a trouble with it. It's in transit now. Maybe it will arrive to USA tomorrrow or Monday

My hopes are high after all you guys telling me it will be okay . And hopefully Mr bond will arrive to his new owner soon.