My pocket watches

jdrichard

8 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Would a pocket malnija cater your taste? Comes with all spare parts you will need.

Regards joe

Thank you Nucejoe. I, eventually, got my hands on a pocket watch and although I find them very interesting I'll stick to wristwatches. :)

• 2 months later...

I started on Seiko’s and failed a lot then moved to PW and had some success- not making parts but cleaning and oiling as they are so much nicer to work on while you’re learning the basics. Now back to Seiko’s but have a soft spot for PW, well I thought I did but seeing JD’s pic I now realise I may be not quite as keen as some! My favourite is an old Rolex movement PW that my 97 year old neighbour that I look after a bit gave me. (Don’t worry, I checked and it’s not worth much or I would have said no). It was a non runner in a ratty gold plated case. It now runs like a train, although I am still on the lookout for a nice silver case for it which will suit it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I started on Seiko’s and failed a lot then moved to PW and had some success- not making parts but cleaning and oiling as they are so much nicer to work on while you’re learning the basics. Now back to Seiko’s but have a soft spot for PW, well I thought I did but seeing JD’s pic I now realise I may be not quite as keen as some! My favourite is an old Rolex movement PW that my 97 year old neighbour that I look after a bit gave me. (Don’t worry, I checked and it’s not worth much or I would have said no). It was a non runner in a ratty gold plated case. It now runs like a train, although I am still on the lookout for a nice silver case for it which will suit it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too started on Seiko and now I mostly do pocket watches with the occasional watch for friends and beggars. I love old pocket watches, purchase fix and then sell...it is a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro