IWC 630/1 movement help!!

AbeH

Hello everyone am new to this thanks for the great forum ,

i have an IWC watch with 630/1 movement after removing the stem from the movement the watch quit working I tried to change the battery but didn’t help so please guys if anyone knows what’s going on with it help me out please .

thanks in advance.

What made you remove the stem from the movement? Was it broken?

I believe that most quartz movements will not run if the stem is pulled out to the setting position. If you removed the stem, you probably put the keyless work in setting position as you pulled it out. It should go back into running position when the stem is replaced pressed all the way in. If not,  maybe something's hanging up, or got semi-permanently displaced, in that keyless work area. That looks like a very complicated quartz movement, so I hope it's something simple. Good luck. 

• Like 1

I found this website where the watchmaker took apart what I believe is the same, or at least similar movement to yours. Scroll about halfway down to where they talk about the hacking feature.

Beyond that you'll find this: " The issue with the non running of the movement was down to this little chap, the stop lever. This was the shape it was in…. " That statement is next to an image of what he called a stop-lever.

Again, good luck.

IWC quartz chronograph

Edited by MrRoundel
Add second paragraph with quote.
  • Like 1

I found this website where the watchmaker took apart what I believe is the same, or at least similar movement to yours. Scroll about halfway down to where they talk about the hacking feature.
Beyond that you'll find this: " The issue with the non running of the movement was down to this little chap, the stop lever. This was the shape it was in…. " That statement is next to an image of what he called a stop-lever.
Again, good luck.

IWC quartz chronograph

You’re awesome my friend thank you,

What made me remove the movement is the seconds winder keep getting stock with minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1