• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PaulnKC
      Greetings all.
      I recently acquired a moderately old Benrus 3-Star Automatic wristwatch. It's a #7026 Series.
      I believe these are from the 60's - though I don't know much about them.
      On the back of the case it says "open through crystal". Which makes me think that the Crystal should be removed using a Crystal Lift - and the movement lifted out through the bezel.
      Of course, the stem (presumably two-piece) would have to be separated prior to - or during the operation.
      BUT - after some googling - I have also heard tell - that the case-back should be pushed out by pressing on the crystal with thumbs. These seem to be incompatible methods - but I really have no idea - as I have never seen a case like this. 

Does anyone have experience with this type of case from Benrus? I can post pictures after I get home - if they are needed.

Many thanks!
      -Paul
    • By GaT34
      Hello All,

I am new to this forum and relatively new to repairing watches (so please don't bite!).

I have repaired a couple of cheap watches before and both have worked out fine so decided to try my hand on Benrus I have had for a couple of year and am quite fond of.

All was going well and then I had a pet related incident whilst opening up the mainspring barrel. By the time I had found the barrel (cap, arbour and mainspring conveniently ended up in my lap) it had been damaged and some of the teeth destroyed.

I have tried to identify the movement in order to figure out what part to try and find (picture attached, apologies for the poor quality) but really struggling as it doesn't look like any other Benrus movement I have seen anywhere online.

The watch has 1974 on the back (looks like a "length of service" gift awarded to someone by the inscription).

I bought it from ebay and the seller doesn't know anything more about it. If more picture of any more of the parts would be useful please let me know.

I'm just hoping that someone will be able to help.

Thank you in advance.

G