Camerer Cuss & Co / Rolex

jdm

This is the strong piece from my Dad's stash, after he passed all the other niceties to me already B). Looks like some great-uncle relative was doing good in London early years past century. Not restored or serviced, pictures are from scans, so excuse their modest quality.
I did a bit of research but could not find much more than what is evident, as the jeweler's name, case manufacturer and early Rolex mov.t,  probably made by  some other ebauche manuf. We're trying to fairly estimate it, without much success so far. Could anyone help?

39735697692_227dca10fc_o.jpg

39735698902_813f5c5141_o.jpg

39735697092_19a31a9407_o.jpg

39735698432_4fdce005fe_o.jpg

I think a fair price would fall between £800.00 to £1,200 at the moment its a nice watch but the movement is unsigned and the case is a Dennison all what you would expect for a early Rolex pocket watch but with a signed movement and W&D stamped case it would command more,  18ct Rolex pocket watch prices:

Gardiner houlgate 24/5/17 18ct half hunter signed movement and dial £980.00

David Lays 16/5/2013 signed movement £1.000

W H peacock half hunter 18ct signed movement 4/6/2010 £980.00

Arthur Johnsons 18ct half hunter signed Rolex extra prima timed 6 postion all temperatures, a much more sort after watch fetched £2,400.

Some of these price are from quite a while back but I dont think the market has moved much on pocket watches.

Edited by wls1971
  • Thanks 1

It looks like it has a micro-regulator and Breguet over-coil hairspring. If so, this would date it from no earlier than 1930.  Dennison cases are well made, depending on weight and I see it is 18 carat will depend on the price. If you intend to get it valued, take it to reputable dealers at least 3 and see what they say. Do you have the gold Albert for it? That is the watch chain if so are the links solid gold and hallmarked individually or is the chain hollow. If you have, it take that as well. You will get a far higher price if together.   

If you want it valued for insurance, you must say so as value and insurance purposes are different. Here in England you need the document from the person who has valued it for the insurance company.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1