I've recently become obbsesed with watches

everages92

ok so ive recently become obsessed with watches. I have obtained a broken invicta pro diver, and this has led to much research on how to fix it... I'm starving for more knowledge... where and how do you suggest I go about finding this knowledge. I have noticed there isn't as much info on the internet as I had hoped... I plan to get a work bench and do this as a hobby and possibly one day as a means of extra income... I guess u could say im just looking for advice and places books etc that can help me 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, eve38 said:

You can find a lot of info on the internet but my opinion is if you can find an actual watch repair man in your area, that would be your best teacher. The above website is quite good, but nothing compares with practical lessons.

That is, if there is a local repairer, if he's willing, and at which cost.

Reality is, no better way to learn than with Mark's HD video course!

2 minutes ago, jdm said:

That is, if there is a local repairer, if he's willing, and at which cost.

Reality is, no better way to learn than with Mark's HD video course!

Yes, it is a very helpful course, I personally just learn better by "stealing"the craftsmanship and yes, unfortunately old local watch repair men are very rare these days.

Hi and welcome to the forum . Here you will find professional and retired watchmakers , collectors , hobbyists and watch addicts like my self . 

Marks videos were and still are the the base of my instruction , but you will find that the more you get into this hobby and field of interest , you will have more informed questions and develop a knack to get those questions answered . 

There are of course other forums that you can join whose members are just as willing to provide help and answers , techniques , and sources .

One of the most important tools you will need is patience . As long as you are having fun and enjoying this hobby , the rewards and satisfaction will find you .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

There are of course other forums that you can join whose members are just as willing to provide help and answers , techniques , and sources.

Yes, there are. E.g. SCWF for Seiko lovers, and WUS for pretty much all the rest. Now try asking a question in their dedicated "watchmaking" or repair sections... let me know about the level of answers you'll get:).