ff watch parts

I was going through a box of watch parts I got a long time ago and found a lot of little plastic packets with paper backing with a logo of a backwards F followed by an F.  I thought they might be Felsa but I looked it up and couldn't find a match to that logo.  Does anyone know what it represents?   Also, I found a few dozen complete balances.  Some gave movement numbers but others had a strange specification that I don't understand.  I'll post about those tomorrow in hopes someone can enlighten me.  They are in my shop in an outbuilding and nobody goes out after dark on my property.  Too many striped kitties.

• Like 2

The FF was in fact FHF Fontemelon; thanks Watchmaker for the link.  Here is a picture.  So the next question is how to tell the application.  The one on the right has 59 and 59N.  I think that refers to the movement or caliber.  Is that right?  I have no idea what the 3 3/4 refers to.  I'm guessing the numbers below are part numbers.  The left package seems to identify several models under the number 443.  I have no idea what 443 refers to.

2pack.jpg.c40a8d5ba206e068c8705a92e890b36e.jpg

I kinda got tangled up in that last reply so this is a continuation.  Here are more packages.  The F appears to be Felsa.  I'm confused about the ST package.  The table I found online said ST stood for Seth Thomas but when I looked at the history of Seth Thomas, it said they made pocket watches until the '30s and said nothing about wrist watches.  So who is ST?  I have a lot of parts like these from several manufacturers.

3pack.jpg.6841fe181a3c60460ea93917331ea3d7.jpg

Let's start with the main nomenclature on the packets.

Top right is the ligne size and the watch calibre from the manufacturer whose symbol is top left. So 6 3/4 - 60 is saying this belongs to the watch of this size and calibre from FHF. A very good resource for checking out watch movements is ranfft. Here's that movement for example: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&FHF_60

Next is that, helpfully, movement manufacturers normally use a common reference scheme for parts of a watch. Look here for a useful list: http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com/partsmenu.htm. So a '443' tells you this is a setting lever; a '401' is a winding stem etc.

Onto your second picture then ST is not Seth Thomas but Standard; A is Arogno and F is Felsa. 

So with your newfound knowledge you can say, for example, that the ST piece belongs to a 10 1/2 ligne, 1800 calibre movement from Standard and is the centre wheel. Happy days. http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Standard_1800

• Like 1

Watchmaker, you really helped!  That ranfft site is a treasure trove of information!  Also, it appears MrRoundel was right when he said the numbers on the balance containers are the dimensions of the movement.  Apparently they were mostly used on rectangular movements as most of the balances I uncovered do not have them.  Thanks so much!  Dan.