MIYOTA 6L02 How do I remove the stem and dial?

kenw

Attempting to fit a new movement without any watch repair knowledge or experience on a watch that means anything to you or whoever the wearer is is a recipe for a trouble
You'll also need some tools, so if you're doing this purely for economic reasons then it makes more sense, in my opinion, to seek out and pay a professional for their time. 

That being said I'm sure you can find many guides and walkthroughs posted on the forum by other members on stem release/movement fitting on other quartz watches and go from there, no end of learning and help you can find here if you're interested in watch repair.

Edited by Ishima

Oh i understand, you can probably still find the information you need fairly easily as i suggested, but to be more helpful:
The 6l02 has an arrow pointing to a hole in which you will see the stem release leaver with the winder fully clicked in, press on this, gently, with a fine pointed tool and at the same time pull the winder out. 
Quartz watches like these have the dials and movements attached by simple friction between the dial feet the slots in the movement, you should be able to locate points to -- bit by bit -- lever the movement off by twisting a screw driver. 

Edited by Ishima
  • Thanks 1