Aircraft themed clock

My obsession, other than watches, is aviation, and I started building aircraft scale models from Airfix kits, before I started working on watches. I then started to work on scratch building an aircraft scale model from wood, on a 1:72 scale, but thanks to my studies, I couldn't devote much time and ended up taking five years to complete it. The aircraft was based on a HAL HT-2, which is the first Indian designed and built powered aircraft, and also my personal favorite. The amount of time it took, and the work I did put into it, made me think that it required something special, i.e a stand or base, and I decided to blend my both hobbies into this. The result was a simple, small stand/base, just enough to keep the aircraft on, with a light under the aircraft, pictures and information about the actual aircraft on the sides, and a small clock on the front, with the front view of the actual aircraft of the same type, and the sweep seconds hand moving like the prop of this aircraft. It also has a SMD LED behind the cockpit portion, so that, pressing a switch, lights it up from the inside. Its built from a case that I got from a local watch mechanic, a Chinese sweep quartz movement, a HMT automatic dial, with the date-day window acting as the area behind the cockpit, hands, battery, and  and other misc. stuff. Even though i took no precise measurements, while buying the case or movement, the mix-match principle worked. The dial had to be glued down. I like the result, and do hope to build more watches of different themes. Please pardon the audio in the background of the attached video.

IMG_20170609_210702788.jpg

IMG_20170609_210210450.jpg

IMG_20170609_210239896.jpg

VID_20170609_210751381_HDR.mp4

VID_20170609_210330233_HDR.mp4

IMG_20170609_210300138.jpg

IMG_20170609_210306280.jpg

Wasn't aware that the videos will be posted as downloadable links and not stream able, and since I can't edit the post, I uploaded them to Youtube. Also, another point I missed mentioning is that, even though not visible clearly here, is that I have put a small red arrow on the seconds hand / prop, whcih indicated the second.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

the last aircraft clock I worked on had 22 jewels.  ill try to post a pix..  vin

2 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

the last aircraft clock I worked on had 22 jewels.  ill try to post a pix..  vin

the pix is in the gallery,  vin