Royal Geographical Society Ronda 13 jewels

Hey, guys!

This is my first post here. :)

So, I'm a watch enthusiast and I was offered my first repairing kit a few days ago. I've had a watch for Four years (Bought it cheap in anexo auction) and I've decided to open it up. The seller told me it might be the movement.

Well, I had no trouble on opening it up with the help of the tutorials, but I cant go further because i dont know the next step. :/

I'll leave some pics here. I'll buy a beer to whomever helps me with this one eheh

Thanks you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LCmsM2xWpsXqfnSLVJN0om0p3z50EoJX/view?usp=sharing

You failed to mention this... Is your watch non-functional ?

Perhaps a stupid question but have you had a battery installed in it to check whether it works ? Only asking because in the photo provided the movement doesn't have a battery.

If you've tried a battery and it didn't work you should know that, sometimes, some movements can be start by short starting the movement. (look it up online to see a rough idea about it).

There's a possibility that the movement just needs servicing (cleaning and oiling of the internal parts) or it might need a certain faulty component replaced. Or you can just replace the movement completely.

1 hour ago, Chopin said:

You failed to mention this... Is your watch non-functional ?

Perhaps a stupid question but have you had a battery installed in it to check whether it works ? Only asking because in the photo provided the movement doesn't have a battery.

If you've tried a battery and it didn't work you should know that, sometimes, some movements can be start by short starting the movement. (look it up online to see a rough idea about it).

There's a possibility that the movement just needs servicing (cleaning and oiling of the internal parts) or it might need a certain faulty component replaced. Or you can just replace the movement completely.

Hey, Chopin!

Thanks for the answer. The watch was not working, I bought it like this. It had a battery, but I took it out yesterday. It had some kind of white dust, it may have spilled the battery content. 

Any video you recommend for me to learn how to clean a watch?

You're going to need the right tools and quite a bit of experience else you're guaranteed to wreck it.

For starters I would advise you to find the exact model of the movement. Should be Ronda and some numbers. It's written on the movement itself, inside the watch.

After you found the movement, look up what type of battery it needs and order one online. (or take it to a watchmaker and he can do that for you)

See if this works or not. I believe the white stuff just means that the watch sat like this for a long period of time. I think that when the battery leaks there would be dark substance around and maybe even melted plastic or metal...

Does the movement look clean ? You could lightly clean the battery contacts in case there's debris on them.

5 minutes ago, Chopin said:

You're going to need the right tools and quite a bit of experience else you're guaranteed to wreck it.

For starters I would advise you to find the exact model of the movement. Should be Ronda and some numbers. It's written on the movement itself, inside the watch.

After you found the movement, look up what type of battery it needs and order one online. (or take it to a watchmaker and he can do that for you)

See if this works or not. I believe the white stuff just means that the watch sat like this for a long period of time. I think that when the battery leaks there would be dark substance around and maybe even melted plastic or metal...

Does the movement look clean ? You could lightly clean the battery contacts in case there's debris on them.

The only reference to a model was Ronda 13 jewels 726 Swiss, but I can't find anything similar :/ Where do you buy your movements? Any specific website?

2 hours ago, Chopin said:

This movement is discontinued apparently so it might be difficult (or expensive) to find a new one.

The battery that it uses is 384. Could try a new battery first as it doesn't mean that it's broken.

Is it possible to replace it by any other? 

It's possible to replace it with certain other movements which may have been manufactured specifically for the role of replacing older movements but that is something that I can't look up.

You're going to have to make some digging up on Google for that...

Just now, Chopin said:

It's possible to replace it with certain other movements which may have been manufactured specifically for the role of replacing older movements but that is something that I can't look up.

You're going to have to make some digging up on Google for that...

Of course, Chopin! Thanks for your help!