Vintage Kendal & Dent Wristwatch

AdamC

Found this little beauty on eBay last week when searching for Kendal and Dent pocket watch spares. Put a cheeky offer in and was surprised when it was accepted. Looking through the Sold history on ebay, it seems that wristwatches from K&D are very uncommon. I have no idea of its real value but I love it. It is a manual wind 21 jewel Incabloc Swiss movement, presumably from the 1950s era as advertised but I’ve found little on the history of K&D apart from discovering some time ago that they made pocket watches for the Admiralty and were a London based jeweller and watchmakers. I have no idea when they ceased trading. I have two lovely pocket watches from the same company; one a current restoration project. Does anybody else know about this old London company?

076f3d7c12852786f206c9d265b765eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Adam,

I love the execution, the dial, hands and case come together perfectly... the spade on the end of the seconds hand is classy!

21Jewels is above average for a simple handwind seconds only watch. Any pictures of the movement?

I would say the style is more mid to late 60s. Even in the 70s you could find similar style watches being sold next to the chunky modern ones!

Anilv