Certina DS-2 Cal. 25-651

arkobugg

Cheers Mates!

Have just put together an Certina  DS-2   cal.  25-651 and the second hand work, but the minute and hour hands dont move. I can set the hands with the crown, the movment can be winded. But the hands dont move.

I have striped it once again, but I cant see any wrong with the movment.

Any suggestions??

Thanks a lot as always......      :-)))))

20171217_194934.jpg

On 20.11.2017 at 8:37 PM, Ishima said:

Not familiar with this, but maybe it could come out from the front?

5 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Sounds like problem with the cannon pinion.

Jepp, so do I think when I have done some more checking. But how to I tighten it?   

Isn't that about the same as a ETA minute wheel and cannon pinion. Or is that an other model that has that . There is a Certina that is about the same as a ETA 2750. But think the 25-651 has a "normal"! cannon pinion? Is the hands very easy to move with the crown? I use a an old nailclipper and an old oiler in the right size. To support the cannon pinion inside and not overdoing it. 

This i about the same  as ETA minute wheel and cannon pinion, and yes the hands are very easy to move with the crown. You feel that something is wrong. I found this link, but I wounder what seize the hole would be ?? Can you set them together and feel how much friction it should be?

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/39190-how-to-make-a-cannon-pin-removal-and-tightening-tool/

Thanks so far....

Looked at my  25-66 that has a similar construction. That is a normal cannon pinion. Try to tighten it. If it doesn't work i can probably find one for you that is okay.  A friend of mine is a large Certina fan . He has lots of stuff. 

Have a couple of pinions but they are lower then the 25-651.