Can Venus 175 & 178 parts be interchanged

According to Cousins parts database there are 2 alternative chrono runners for the 178. One with a height of 7.8mm from the Venus 150 (and 175) and one with a height of 9.2mm from the Venus 152.

However the Venus 178 parts list https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/993_Venus 178.pdf says its the same part as the 175. If you have the old one you can measure it to check.

3 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

According to Cousins parts database there are 2 alternative chrono runners for the 178. One with a height of 7.8mm from the Venus 150 (and 175) and one with a height of 9.2mm from the Venus 152.

However the Venus 178 parts list https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/993_Venus 178.pdf says its the same part as the 175. If you have the old one you can measure it to check.

Thanks yes I do have the old one so I will check

On many Swiss movements the chronograph runner is part 8000- that's kind of standard nomenclature.

The thing to consider is the length of the shaft for the runner on a 178 vs a 175.  Manual wind chronographs with an hour recorder often have runners with a longer shaft- the reason for this is that the dial has to sit 1mm or so off the plate in order to accommodate the gearing for the hour recorder; so it wouldn't surprise me if the shaft is longer on a Venus 178 chronograph runner as opposed to the Venus 175 runner.  The same goes for the minute recording runner.

On 16/01/2018 at 9:16 PM, RyMoeller said:

On many Swiss movements the chronograph runner is part 8000- that's kind of standard nomenclature.

The thing to consider is the length of the shaft for the runner on a 178 vs a 175.  Manual wind chronographs with an hour recorder often have runners with a longer shaft- the reason for this is that the dial has to sit 1mm or so off the plate in order to accommodate the gearing for the hour recorder; so it wouldn't surprise me if the shaft is longer on a Venus 178 chronograph runner as opposed to the Venus 175 runner.  The same goes for the minute recording runner.

Thanks I looked into it and there is a difference in the length.

• Like 1